Tuesday, June 8, 2021

MARE OF EASTTOWN

Today's Tuesday. Sunday night I finished binging Mare of Easttown (watched the first episode on Thursday, second episode on Friday, three episodes on Saturday [didn't go to bed till 1:30], and last two of the seven episodes on Sunday). Wow, what a miniseries — oh, I'm sorry, a limited series as they're calling it nowadays. I'm still thinking about it.

* * * SPOILERS * * *

Let's get the negativity out of the way. I didn't like:

  • the creep who abducted the girls; would've preferred it be one of the already introduced characters
  • Mare approaching the mother of the dead detective; I felt Kate Winslet's character was smarter than that
  • Mare and Lori making up; didn't seem realistic . . . felt like forced drama so everything wrapped up nicely

Also, why did Mare delete the security footage of the kid vandalizing her neighbors' shed? And Billy Ross confessing to the murder and his brother trying to kill him seemed like questionable plotting.

All of that said, it was awesome! It's days later and I'm still thinking about it. The characters reminded me of the people I grew up. The acting was so good that I got a bit choked up when characters were crying in the penultimate episode. Well worth the $14.77 to purchase the series on Amazon in SD. I'm even gonna watch all of the extras, which I hardly ever do anymore. Lives up to the hype!



No comments: