Saturday, July 16, 2022

Metric: Formetera

Well, disco's not dead. Metric's latest album proves it. Probably the last thing I'll buy by them. I liked when the guitar and synthesizer had equal billing, as in Live It Out and Fantasies; but ever since Pagans in Vegas, it's been 80% electronics.

I'm only keeping two songs on my iPod, the ten-and-a-half minute "Doomscroller", which I faded out around 5:40 and cut at 6:32, and "Enemies of the Ocean", which I probably dig because I'm a tree-hugger. The other seven tracks irritate me sound like cannibalizing of Synthetica's "Breathing Underwater" and "Lost Kitten".

Kind of a bummer that Formetera is such a disappointment. It's such a regrettable purchase that I stopped following the band on Instagram. Oh well, guess everyone's gotta jump the shark eventually. . . .

No comments: