Friday, February 19, 2010

Mission of Burma

Saw them last night at the Unitarian Church. Really loud! My ears are still ringing!!! No wonder the guitarist got tinnitus in his 20s (they're now all around 50 years old).

I'm not a fan of a their new material, though they do sound great live with the bass sounding like it's part of a garage-rock outfit. They did do all of their old hits: "Fame and Fortune", "That's How I Escaped My Certain Fate", "Academy Fight Song" and
"That's When I Reach for My Revolver", however, they didn't get through the first refrain on the last one 'cause the vocalist/bassist thought he was out of tune (which he wasn't).

Glad I went. Good show, and got to have a little dinner with some old work peeps (Kevin and David) at the Irish Pub at 20th and Walnut. Their burger is so awesome, it's to slaughter for.

No comments: