Monday, February 15, 2021

L.A.

I had a playlist on my iTunes of Los Angeles songs but on Friday (today it's Monday) I was looking for it and couldn't find it archived on a CD or a screenshot of the playlist. Must have deleted it. So I recreated it. Kind of a blessing in disguise because I picked  Cilantro's “Hollywood Boulevards” in the past year. Though this time I didn't include Public Enemy's "Burn Hollywood Burn"or Brian Setzer Orchestra's "Hollywood Nocturne" because they're nice to listen occasionally but not regularly. I also left off  Mötley Crüe's "Girls, Girls, Girls", "T.N.T. (Terror n Tinseltown)", and "Dr. Feelgood" because there are already two songs by them and having five tunes would be too much Crüe. I'm still debating whether to leave off Hole's "Celebrity Skin" so the playlist is an even 30 songs, but it's such a great song!

Adolescents: “L.A. Girl”
Angry Samoans: “Carson Girls”
Art Brut: “Moving to L.A.”
Blink 182: “Los Angeles”
Church: “Bel-Air”
Cilantro: “Hollywood Boulevards”
Circle Jerks: “Beverly Hills”
Doors: “L.A. Woman”
Everclear: “Santa Monica”
Fixx: “No Hollywood Ending”
Flogging Molly: “Selfish Man in L.A.”
Go-Go’s: “Stuck in My Car”
Goo Goo Dolls: “On the Lie”
Guns N’ Roses: “Welcome to the Jungle”
Hex: “Hollywood in Winter”
Hole: “Celebrity Skin”
J Church: “Nostalgic for Nothing”
J Church: “Beverly Hills”
J Church: “L.A.”
J Church: “City of L.A.”
Mötley Crüe: “Down at the Whiskey”
Mötley Crüe: “Saints of Los Angeles”
999: “Signed Dangerous in Hollywood”
NOFX: “Green Corn”
NOFX: “El Lay”
Red Hot Chili Peppers: “Out in L.A.”
Strung Out: “Cemetery”
Supertramp: “Gone Hollywood”
Surfer Trot: “Santa Barbara”
Wang Chung: “To Live and Die in L.A.”
Frank & Moon Zappa: “Valley Girl”

No comments: