Sunday, July 11, 2021

CONFIDENT WOMEN by Tori Telfer

All right, I'm back! I moved on Monday, June 28th. Things have finally settled down. I'm more or less moved in to my new apartment.

Finished reading this nonfiction book yesterday (subtitle: Swindlers, Grifters, and Shapeshifters of the Feminine Persuasion). I give it three out of five stars. Interesting to read about some of the swindlers, but I didn't enjoy Telfer's tone; it was very wink-wink, nudge-nudge.

One of the stories featured Robert Blake. Forgot all about that murder. Wow, was it really around 2000?


A recent psychology study found that people crave high social rank not only because it satisfies our aching need to belong, but because it gives us a sense of control, better self-esteem, and even reproductive benefits.

page XIV

No comments: