Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Goodbye Gyro!

Wanted to document this. Ate my last gyro Sunday night. It wasn't sitting too well that evening, but Monday was tortuous. Never had food poisoning like that. Not only was my stomach upset, but I had a headache, felt achy, and my joints was creaky. Monday night's dinner didn't help: dr. Praeger's Spinach Cakes were a little too greasy (the french-style cut green beans were fine, but I couldn't finish my brown rice); took a great amount of effort not to throw up.

Monday was made worse by my goofy apartment building shutting off the air-conditioning a few days ago — you can only have the A/C or the heating on, not both. It was bad timing for me. It was sticky and in the 80s all day in my apartment, even though it was high 70s outside.

Tuesday I ate light. Two pieces of toast for breakfast; craisins for mid-morning snack; chicken noodle soup for lunch; banana for mid-afternoon snack; Gordon's fish fillet, french green beans, bulgar wheat, and hot green tea for dinner; and cherry yogurt for dessert.

Sunday's gyro was worse than one I got about three years ago in Manayunk. At least with that one, my stomach was only rumbling until 1 AM that night.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, double-shame on you.

No comments: