Thursday, February 24, 2022

Post-Hero Hedges

With Russia's invasion of Ukraine on my mind, I was wondering where Chris Hedges would come in on the issue, since his show, On Contact, is on RT, Russia's propaganda organ. Wonder no more. He published an article today, "The Chronicle of a War Foretold". The gist of that pro-Putin piece is that NATO has been seducing former Soviet satellites, all for the weapon industry. I expected more from Hedges. Kinda depressing when your heroes are mouthpieces for whomever is writing their paycheck. No integrity in that public intellectual.

I removed RT from my Roku and cancelled my Patreon membership to ScheerPost (I had donated $9 a month to support Hedges' sporadic writing).

It's been bugging me for a while that Hedges is on RT. With today's technology he could host a podcast or YouTube show and reach the same audience.

Kind of nice to longer watch his show. I'm behind ever since it went from one to two episodes a week. Oh well, upward and onward. . . .

No comments: