Sunday, May 22, 2022

Final iPod

Since Apple discontinued iPods, I bought one final one on Thursday, May 12 from Best Buy and picked it up on Saturday  cost me $370.99. Would've gotten it from Apple, except that they sold out in less than 48 hours. Hey, Steve Jobs, that might tell ya there's still demand of that product.

I didn't really need a new iPod because my 256 GB from 12/26/19 still works. Best Buy was all sold out of that size, so I had to get 128 GB. Kind of a blessing in a way because I've downloading stupid shit lately, like Rancid's Out Come the Wolves (my old cassette copy was fine, and I don't like any of the songs I had cut) and one-hit wonders from the '80s; right now I have about 100 GB of music. I synched the new iPod up with my Mac and will only put music on it, no podcasts or videos. I'll still synch my old iPod with my PC and use it to mainly listen to podcasts. FWIW: both iPods have same songs, playlists, etc.

No comments: