Sunday, March 7, 2021

PARANOID SING-ALONG by Yanti Arifin

Back in the 90s, there was a decent comp, Ear of the Dragon: 19 Asian-American Bands, and one of the standout tracks was "Losing My Cool" by Yanti Arifin. I finally got around to picking up her only album, Paranoid Sing-Along. I ordered it on Thursday and it arrived yesterday (Sat.) from Maryland. Pretty cool, especially since I ordered birthday items for my sister on Feb. 14th, the Mütter Museum shipped it on the 17th, but it still hasn't arrived.

Anyway, I listened to Paranoid Sing-Along this morning while cooking Dr. Praeger’s veggie sausages. The album's pretty good. I'll probably keep less than half of the 13 tracks on my iPod. The ballads didn't really grab me, but the rockers are keepers. It sounds like music created in the mid-90s. That's a compliment!

No comments: