Friday, May 7, 2021

Move Out

I usually just blog about books, movies, and TV shows I read and watch, but I did want to write about the past few days.

Haven't been sleeping too well the past few, with Wednesday night being the worse, though I did sleep well last night. Been worried about my living situation. The lease for my apartment is up at the end of June. I hadn't received a new offer, so I had to bug the property manager for one. I'm currently paying $1,145 per month. His original offer was $1,445 ($300 more). I pushed back and his new offer is $1,350 ($205 more), so I'm moving out.

The new owners are way worse than the original management company when I moved in 2017. Since taking over around Oct. '20, they've listed someone else name on my account online, took about six months to hire a handyman (I had a dead bird in the balcony closet, and handles on interior closets were loose — I had to fix them on my own), and took over a month to replace the light bulb in the hallway outside of my door.

I'm going to crash at my mom's house for a little while. There's an apartment complex I would like to move into, but they don't have anything open at the moment. Plus, my day job hasn't announced if they're reopening the office in the fall, since this pandemic is winding down. And I may save up enough money to buy a house; rent is so high now (my second apartment was $500 around the year 2000) that it may be worth it to get my own place, even though I'll have to do one major project a year and I'll probably never own it, but at least I wouldn't be paying greedy landlords anymore.

Anyway, sing it Yaz!:

No comments: