Sunday, May 2, 2021

World/Inferno Friendship Society: ALL BORDERS ARE POROUS TO CATS

Last weekend I was listening to The World/Inferno Friendship Society's "Heartattack '64". I haven't bought anything by them since 2006's Red-Eyed Soul, so I thought I would pick up their latest, All Borders Are Porous to Cats. While listening to it, I glanced at a review on Punk News. Apparently it's a concept album mashing up immigration and Dr. Seuss' Cat in the Hat. The only song I'm keeping on my iPod is "The Cat in the Hat Has a Right to Sing the Blues". I was debating whether to keep "I'll Be Your Alibi" and the 57-second "In the Briar Patch Born and Raised", but I couldn't see enjoying them with repeated listens. I think part of the reason I'm not keeping more songs from this album is because it's very jazzy, and I don't dig that music genre.

I was gonna create a Spotify playlist of all the songs I have on my iTunes from them, but "The Expatraite Act" from the Rock Against Bush comp isn't on there, so what's the point. Damn you streaming services!



No comments: