Monday, November 15, 2021

ABBA: Voyage

Hard to believe it's been 40 years since ABBA's last album. I was a little hesitant to purchase Voyage because pop stars don't age well. Boy, was I wrong. I'm keeping 5 of the 10 songs on this allegedly final album:
  • "I Still Have Faith in You": The formula still works!
  • "Don't Shut Me Down": Love that sound around the 40-second mark.
  • "Just a Notion": Apparently it was written during the Voulez-Vous sessions. My, how it shows! It's got the energy and imagination of youth.
  • "Keep an Eye on Dan": Another up-tempo number.
  • "No Doubt About It": Ninth track, but I end the album/EP here with the misheard last line of "This is where it ends".
Props to the Swedish pop stars for putting out this album. Nice epilogue to their catalog, since their previous two albums, Super Trouper and The Visitors, sounded pretty forced.

No comments: