Sunday, November 14, 2021

WATERSHIP DOWN by Richard Adams

I tried reading this back in my twenties but couldn't get into it, so I picked it up recently. About halfway through, I stopped reading it for a few days because I started researching getting a rabbit by reading stuff online and watching The Bunny Lady and Lennon the Bunny's YouTube videos. Though I'm probably gonna have to wait until I move into a new apartment in July because rabbit piss or poop attracts mice, and I got enough problems with those rodents as it is (one of my glue traps ensnared a mouse Thursday night — didn't see it until 10 AM, Fri. morning, as it crawled across my carpet).

Anyhoo, I give the novel 2.5 stars outta 5. I didn't care for the campfire tales the rabbits told. The rest of the story was OK. I dunno, after the Watership Down warren escapes from General Woundmort, if I wrote it, the final act would have had something different instead of Woundmort tracking down Watership Down and attacking them. Glad I read it, though. . . .

No comments: