Wednesday, December 1, 2021

For All Mankind

* * * CONTAINS SPOILERS * * *

Finished watching the first season last night. Wow! Much better than The Expanse. Pitch perfect. I like how they set up that Wayne Cobb basically becomes Karen Baldwin's therapist, and how she starts to change but not completely when she comforts Marge Slayton after the news of Deke's death (her husband). That scene got me a little verklempt. It reminded me why I enjoy TV series so much. You have at least a handful of episodes to get to know the characters, and when an emotional scene like that comes up, if acted and written well, it just blows you away and stays on your mind for days. Something, I find, films fail to do because they only have two hours to work with.

Can't wait for the second season!

No comments: