Friday, December 31, 2021

Sun and the Moon

Piggybacking on my other post about Duran Duran's Notorious, this morning I download The Sun and the Moon's "Peace in Our Time" and "The Price of Grain". The MP3 versions I had ripped from vinyl finally got on my nerves, especially with the latter song, where it skipped a couple times. I don't mind intermittent crackling and hissing, but skipping pisses me off.

Interestingly, the original album was self-titled, now it's called The Great Escape, with a bunch of B-sides and outtakes. The two songs I downloaded weren't cheap: close to $5; but I never cared for the rest of the album . . . a pale shadow of the vocalist/bassist and drummer's old band, Chameleons UK. The same formula with different guitarists just didn't work. Ya can't substitute chemistry!

Why am I on a music-buying binge (I also bought The Dimestore Haloes' Singles Going Unsteady)? Probably because on Xmas I was around my cousin Michael and his daughter Sara, both who, around 36 hours later on Monday morning, woke up with COVID. I got my booster 11 days before Xmas, so I think I'm fine, though I have had an occasional headache, but I think that's more with anxiety, plus it's been slow this week at work, I've been sleeping restlessly, and I haven't been exercising much, though I plan on correcting that with this three-day weekend.

No comments: