Monday, January 17, 2022

FOR ALL MANKIND, season 2

I was looking forward to the second season of this show for two reasons:

  1. The first season was so great.
  2. The second season is set in the 80s, which I grew up in as a teenager.

Unfortunately, this season really jumped the shark. It was more drama than sci-fi. A slog to get through. Most of the action occurred in the last two episodes.

I didn't like a lot of the character development, such as Aleida Rosales being a neurotic mess, Gordo trying to win back Tracie, Molly's eye issues, and Karen hooking up with a college-age kid she used to babysit.

I dunno, I would've liked it better if they had more new characters instead of mostly the same cast from season one.

But the last two episodes were so good, I may just have to check out season three, even though I swore to write off the show halfway through the second season.

Alright, now to finally finish watching the second season of Ted Lasso. I've been stuck on episode five for about six weeks now. What is it with Apple TV shows having stellar first seasons, then dropping in quality in the second seasons?

No comments: