Friday, April 15, 2022

Blade Runner: Black Lotus

Finished watching the 13th episode of the Blade Runner: Black Lotus series. Very good! The script was a little clichéd in spots and the animation at times felt like I was watching a 1990's video game, but I enjoyed it. Immersed me into the Blade Runner world. Last night, after finishing up Black Lotus, my hay fever had me wiped out, so I finally watched the three short films that were prequels to Blade Runner 2049.

I'm on the fence of buying the four-disc collector's edition of the 1982 film. It's about $60, allegedly new on Amazon from a reseller. I have The Final Cut on DVD, but I don't like how it axed the voiceover and VHS ending with Harrison Ford and Sean Young's characters riding in a car into the countryside. The voiceover was cool 'cause it gave the film a 1940's film noir feel, even though it's supposed to be set in 2019. Sometimes studio notes are make a movie improve a director's "vision".

Oh, and I picked up the score to Black Lotus. It is awesome! Little pricey at $18.34 for 32 tracks (though about a third aren't even two minutes), clocking in at 74 minutes. Listening to it now. I've already added it to my Electro Instro playlist with the Mr Brooks soundtrack, the two albums and one EP from 65daysofstatic, the Contagion soundtrack, Tweaker's instro album, and bis' Low Level.

No comments: