Saturday, September 25, 2021

Pacific Northwest playlist

I wanted to document this because I had this playlist on my current iPod but I must've deleted it because I had to recreate it. Luckily, I had it on an old iPod, so that makes things easier. Here it is, and it's awesome!:

  • Beat Happening
  • Best Kissers In The World
  • Bikini Kill
  • Brownstein, Carrie
  • Built To Spill
  • Courtney Love
  • Crayon
  • Dawson, Kimya
  • Decemberists
  • Epoxies
  • Everclear
  • Halo Benders
  • Harvey Danger
  • Junkyard Dogs
  • Kingsmen
  • Lillingtons
  • Mirah
  • Mudhoney
  • M. Ward
  • MxPx
  • New Bad Things
  • Nirvana
  • NOFX's "Kill Rock Stars"
  • Poison Idea
  • Replacements' "Portland"
  • Seaweed
  • Sebadoh
  • She & Him
  • 6 Cents + Natalie
  • Sleater-Kinney
  • Snuff's Reach
  • Soundgarden
  • Supersuckers (up to and including How The Supersuckers Became The Greatest Rock And Roll Band In The World)
  • Teenage Bottlerocket
  • Telekinesis
  • These Arms Are Snakes
  • Tullycraft
  • Violent Femmes
  • Witchypoo
  • Tooth & Nail Rock Sampler Vol. 2
492 songs, 23 hours, 35 minutes, 1.80 GB

Let the record show some entries include record labels based in the Pacific Northwest, like K Records, with artists based elsewhere in the country (I'm lookin' at you, Kimya Dawson!). And, yes, it's a bit of cheat putting The Lillingtons and Teenage Bottlerocket on there because they're from Wyoming, but love me some Ramones / Screeching Weasel punk rock to mix shit up!!!

No comments: