Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Smoke Or Fire's THIS SINKING SHIP

Yikes, talk about a sophomore slump. Real drop in quality from Above the City. I wonder if part of it is because Fat Mike didn't produce This Sinking Ship. Though, after reading the lyrics last night, I think the songwriting wasn't just up to snuff, with at least a third of the tunes being about the boredom of touring, and half of the album's songs reeking of self-absorption. That said, I'm keeping three tracks:  "This Sinking Ship", "Irish Handcuffs", and "Life Imitating Art".

I already bought Smoke Or Fire's last two releases on Fat Wreck Chords, Prehistoric Knife Fight and The Speakeasy. I listened to the two tracks on the former Sunday night and liked what I heard (it was to promote the latter). I have a feeling The Speakeasy is going to be a comeback of sorts before they called it quits.

No comments: