Monday, August 26, 2019

Toronto, day 4

For breakfast I headed to the Tim Horton's again. Got a croissant and OJ.

Spent most of the morning at the hotel.

For lunch I went across the street and bought the same burger as I got one of my first days here. Chased it down with a can of Pepsi.

In the afternoon I went down to Chinatown. It was OK.

In Chinatown, outside Kung Fu Tea.
For dinner I walked down to an Italian restaurant, Vagabondo. I ordered eggplant parmesan and hot green tea. It was all right. Could have used more eggplant and less cheese & tomato sauce.

I then went back to the hotel and headed down to the area near Second City.

I stood in the longest line at Sweet Jesus for a vanilla cone. This time I got rainbow jimmies, or as they call them up here, "sprinkles".

Afterwards I caught the 8:35 showing of a movie from Mexico, Tigers Are Not Afraid. It's a horror flick that's two years old. I had trouble following some of it. Maybe some of it was lost in translation. Though, I can see why that Hellboy director gave it a blurb: Tigers is a lot like his Pan's Labyrinth where the fantasy element is probably not real and all in the girl's head.

The TIFF movie theatre, where I saw Tigers Are Not Afraid. Beautiful inside! I can see why, next to Sundance, it's a vanguard in indie cinema.

No comments: