Saturday, December 13, 2008

Frenzal Rhomb: "I Miss My Lung" (1999)

This NOFX clone are OK. I love this song because it sounds nothing like their usual sound.

"I Miss My Lung"








**************************************************************************************************************

I woke up Saturday at 8:30 a.m. with the intention of at least going to the Melbourne Zoo, but it was windy and rainy. Apparently, Melbourne was hit with its heaviest rainfall in five years. Bummer.

After cereal for breakfast, I did my time online.

For lunch, I walked a block to a Greek restaurant and got charcoal-broiled octopus (octopi?) as well as hot chocolate. In hindsight, I should've ordered the pickled octopus because the charcoal octopus was a little rubbery -- no real taste. Oh well, maybe next time.

In the afternoon, I did my two hours of fiction writing. Afterwards, I headed up to the gym on the roof to exercise.

Around 6 p.m., I headed to a social gathering at a local church three blocks away. Met some nice people there. One guy told me nobody in Australia drinks Foster's -- must be a touristy thing.

For dinner, I did the room service thang. The hotel had "Slow braised kangaroo" on the menu, so I got that and a strawberry milkshake. The kangaroo was in a thick, brown sauce. It tasted like roast beef.

Before bedtime, I packed everything up and got everything in order for customs. Tomorrow, I go back home. It'll be weird. My plane leaves Melbourne at 12:55 p.m., and I arrive in Philly at 10 p.m., even though it'll take 24 hours. Freaky. . . .










Sign near the gym at the hotel. Kind of drives home how serious the drought is down here.

No comments: