Sunday, December 7, 2008

Models: "Facing the North Pole in August" (1983)

Today (Sunday in Sydney), I was trying to hunt down an album by these guys, Melbourne. Didn't have much luck, but here's a song from their most popular album, The Pleasure of Your Company. They never caught on in the States, but they did pretty well down under.

"Facing the North Pole in August"




***********************************************************************************************************

Today (Sunday), I slept in till 9:30 a.m. because for about an hour in the middle of the night I was coughing like crazy. On the plus side, I feel good now (8:30 p.m. on Sunday).

I didn't write any fiction today, so this morning I did my hour online then went out.

I caught lunch at an "international" food court at a local mall -- on Pitt Street for those of you keeping score at home. I got a lamb sandwich and hot tea. The lamb was tasty and tangy!

I spent the afternoon hitting record stores looking for two obscure Australian albums: the aforementioned Models one and Turkish Delight by the Persian Rugs, a Hoodoo Gurus side project. Two of the record stores were within walking distance, both called Red Eye. They didn't have either album, nonetheless I bought a black tote bag from them for seven bucks. It's pretty cool, has their logo on the front. Comes in handy. Now I don't have to carry in a plastic bag my cell, camera, map and latest novel I'm reading (Damaged Goods by Russell T. Davies).

In the midafternoon I took a cab out to another record store, Utopia. They were mainly a metal and goth shop, so no help there. But it was across from Victoria Park and the University of Sydney.

I took a bus back to the hotel. For dinner I went to the Sydney Harbour and ate at City Extra. Had vegetarian lasagna and orange juice. It was good.

Afterwards I cruised the harbor, taking tons of pics of the Opera House, plant life and boats.

I'm back at the hotel now. Gonna hang out, then crash soon. Got a big day tomorrow. Going out to the Blue Mountains, which is a two-hour drive. It'll be my last day here. [[sniff]]










Boat at the Sydney Harbour bearing my niece's name.

No comments: